Medicinal properties : It has anti-stress, adaptogenic, aphrodisiac, sedative, diuretic, antispasmodic, germicidal, anti-inflammatory action.
- It is a nervine tonic.
- It enhances immunity and endurance.
- It is a natural nutrient for insomnia
- It is good hypnotic in Alcoholism.
- It is bitter in taste and hot in potency so it alleviates vata and kapha.
- It stimulates thyroid activity.
- Enhances anti-peroxidation of liver.
Ashwagandha is a revitalizing herb that maintains proper nourishment of tissues, particularly muscle and bones.
- It increases resistance to stress and mainly beneficial in stress related disorders such as arthritis, hypertension, tremors, diabetes, general debility and inflammation. It increases body’s resistance towards adverse influence.
- It restores the neurotransmitters and hence useful in various mental disorders.
- It is also used for treating memory loss.
- It support proper function of adrenals and reproductive system.
- As it is powerful aphrodisiac, it is also used for sexual vitality and as an adaptogen.
- It is blood tonifier, that improves circulation and absorption of nutrients from the cells.
- Peroxidation is toxic to the tissues, hence, it is protective to liver.